Clayton Kurtis

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Another Note Frome Kate

Thanks again for all your kind words and prayers. Neal, Clayton, and I are ready to be at home, which is coming soon. I am so thankful that I don't see two of everything anymoe. When I looked at Neal, it seemed as if he had 4 eyes. The nurses keep reminding of things I said when they first saw me. It is now nice to hear them say how worried they were, but now how much better I look and they can obviously tell how much better I am feeling.

I think I've seen almost every dr. at Clarion North. At least I know my whole body has been checked through a CAT Scan, multiple ultrasounds of my kidneys, liver, and gall bladder, and today I had an Echocardiogram. I am beginning to be a pro at this hospital stuff.

The blood trasfusion yesterday really boosted my energy level. Showering today was great. Of course, the greatest thing is that Neal and I went to love on Clayton and I am still continuing to feed him. Neal is getting so good at changing Clayton's diaper with all the cords that he'll do it with no problem at home! :) Please consider donating blood.

Clayton is 5 days old and doing great! Both of us are relieved to have our Oxygen tubes out of our noses!

I can't wait to bring him home!!!!!!

:) Kate

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've got our attention!
Can't wait to know you guy's are back into the comfort of home with Clayton...All this extra effort means a little extra play is in order!

All our love...See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kate...you've been through so much! What a strong person you are! Did you know you could handle so much? And, Neal, you, too, have been such a "rock" during this whole thing! I'm sure you're exhausted, too, and ready for things to get back to "normal" (is there such a thing?)!! I've gotta run, but I hope your day is great!
Love,
Gracia

Anonymous said...

Kate, you are looking marvelous! Glad to hear things are progressing and you'll be home soon with your precious little bundle. Neal, U-Tube called and wants to know where that diaper changing video is...LOL. Love to all, Debbie and Derrick

Anonymous said...

Kate, Neal & Clayton,

Just wanted to let you know we have been thinking about you. Since Matt sent me the link to your blog, I've been checking in daily to get an update.

Clayton is a beautiful baby (of course!) and I cannot wait to meet him! I also can't wait to have him in our cheering section for the Bulldogs this year!

If there is ANYTHING you guys need, please let us know.

Take care - again, we'll be thinking of you.

Megan & Matt Jarvis

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey, I have posted a comment twice but I guess I just don't know how to do this. If there is anything I can do let me know. I am so glad that they are comming home today. You sure do have a handsome boy.
Love
Nana

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, Neil and Clayton! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better and (hopefully) on the upswing!! We sure have been worried about you two and can't wait to see you and give you a big hug :) Take Care of yourself and know we love you!
Love Jenny Rieck

The Lantz's said...

Yea! I am glad to hear that you are getting ready to go home soon! Sounds like things are going a lot better and progressing well! I will say a prayer that things keep getting better and better! Love, Kristi

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I'm so GLAD to hear things are looking up for you. We've been thinking a lot about you, Clayton and Neal over at school. We miss you and can't wait to see you soon. Clayton will be playing the tuba in the marching band before you know it!

Take care,
Aaron