Ran home for a shower, to see Peyton (who's probably confused about all of this), and to check up on the house. Thankfully, Kate's sister Abby has been staying the night to keep Peyton company. On top of everything - we have gotten several calls in the past couple of days for house showings. I don't know what to think about that right now!!?
I just thought I'd give an update on Kate - she is starting to feel and look much better. The Magnesium levels are finally down to where they should have been all along, after taking her off of the stuff more than 24 hours ago! She was more than double where she should have been - and it showed as she was really "out of it". So the effects are finally starting to go away. Our goal today is to get her to sit up on the side of the bed, and if things go really well, she may be able to wheel her over to see Clayton for the first time since he was born! (she says she doesn't really remember holding him, so she's been limited to the pictures and video I've been bringing her from the NICU) They are going to need to keep her around the hospital for a few more days due to some of the lingering effects of the Preeclampsia on her body, so we're probably looking to at least Saturday before being able to get her out of the hospital.
She is in really good spirits, and has been extremely tough - she was the one who was afriad of shots before all of this and I swear she barely even reacted to the epidural! IV pricks... nothing! I have been very impressed with her toughness! I don't think I could have taken 3 hours of pushing before the baby came out!!
So, Kate is doing much better, and I'm starting to feel better about everything, which helps tremendosly since its been very draining worring about the two of them, and running between each of their rooms all the time.
Things are getting better... I can't wait for "normal"
I'll give an update on Clayton and some more pictures and possibly a video later this afternoon. He's doing much better as well. Still in the NICU, but better. He should be getting his first "bath" (wipedown) sometime today!
Thanks for all the kind words and support, we all appreciate it!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago



5 comments:
Hi Kate and Neil! Just wanted to let you know that you have ALL been in our thoughts and prayers these last few days. Congratulations on little Clayton!! We can't wait to meet him :) Love Jenny Rieck
WOW! I am soooo glad that baby and mommy are doing well! I am praying for your 'new' family! Hang in there Kate! We love you!
Mel
Hi Neal and Kate! Just read the blog. Wanted to make sure I have been telling your story correctly. Seems I have. I can't think of anything but you and Clayton. You are in my every thought and prayer. Many are praying for you and we know all will be fine in a short while. We all love you so very much and know you are anxious to get your little family home where you belong.
See you tonite! Kathy
Yes, we have both been thinking of you three, oops sorry Peyton, four every day. So glad to hear things are improving. Kathy has keep us very in the loop, plus the blog is a must visit several times a day. Can't wait to see you all.
Love,
Jeff & Melissa
Hi guys! It sounds like things are starting to improve...which is great news! I can't wait to see you all! We kind of had a similar beginning with Taylor (she swallowed meconium and was in the NICU for a week), but everything turned out fine! Use this time to get your strength back, Kate, because little Clayton is going to need his mommy! Let me know when you're ready for visitors!! Love to you all!
~Gracia
Post a Comment