Clayton Kurtis

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Did you miss us?

What have I been doing? Not blogging. Instead of posting on the blog I've been writing little notes to myself on my calendar so when I had "time to blog" I would remember all the milestones. Summer's here...so now I can blog, and stay in PJ's till whenever I feel like it, not shower at night, take walks with Clayton during the day, and just do whatever we want! I LOVE SUMMER!

You might want to skip what I've written below. I just had to be sure I got this stuff on here. I know I am missing some things, but WOW how quickly things change with a little one. They grow & learn so quickly. I am blogging from the new MacBook...it is awesome...so I don't have my pics uploaded here yet. I'll be doing that right....NOW! Stay tuned.

Start of December 2008: Clayton begins scooting (7 months).
Start of January 2009: Clayton pulls self up on stuff to stand. (8 months)
January 24, 2009: Stood up for 3 seconds with Aunt Abby.
End of January 2009: Clayton begins dancing and waving. (9 months)
Start of Feb. 2009: Waves bye-bye (9 months)
February 12, 2009: Clayton starts pointing at things. (9 1/2 months)
March 15, 2009: Stands up for longer than 3 seconds. (10 1/2 months)
March 18, 2009: Claps for the first time during the magic show at Oak Trace's Family Science Night. (10 1/2 months)
March 26, 2009: New home inspection- Clayton takes first steps to Nana in our new family room. (almost 11 months)

Words he could say at the beginning of April: (da-da was the first) da-da, ma-ma, yum, dog, hah (hi?), nana (banana)

April 5-12 Spring Break: First trip to Destin, Florida with Anne, Chad, & Nolan. Clayton eats everything (many firsts on this trip): grilled cheese, mac & cheese, grouper, fish sticks, hush puppies, spaghetti, grilled chicken, scrambled eggs, pancakes. Clayton took 9 steps in the Destin House. We really thought he'd be walking like crazy after watching his buddy Nolan. Clayton loved the sand and the water. Still trying to put everything in his mouth. He loved the beach and took a few naps out there giving Neal and I some time to relax.

April 16th Clayton's newest cousin Kane Zachariah Thompson was born. Pictures to come!
April 20, 2009: WALKING!! (9 days before his 1st birthday)

May 28, 2009 Points out his nose and others' noses (most of the time)

Words he could say at the start of June: door, truck, turtle, ball, ba-ba (baby), that, bird, grandma (he said it once or twice, I promise), da-da, ma-ma, yum, dog, hah, nana. His teachers at TOTS tell me he says night-night, but I've yet to hear it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

glad your back! can't wait for photos