Clayton Kurtis

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

1 Week Old








Today Hallie is 1 week old. She had a lot of visitors today and received so many soft blankies and cute little outfits. Today was a harder day for her. She just kept falling asleep when she was supposed to eat...and she has to eat in order to come home. She just didn't nurse as well as she did yesterday, but at least she drank the bottle. Neal and I are really starting to feel the stress with not having our family all together. Anytime I start to think about it, I feel overwhelmed and could cry at the drop of a hat. I know this is normal with everything going on in my body after surgery, breast feeding, and just all the crazy hormones. I just can't believe once again we didn't get to bring our baby home after 2 days in the hospital. I just don't understand.

I did a lot of snuggling with Clayton when I got home from the hospital because he was really missing me today and I was missing him, too. We put Clayton to sleep in his big boy bed tonight. Hopefully he doesn't freak out when he wakes up in the morning. It took him quite a while to fall asleep, but he finally did. He had 2 elmos, cookie, a Butler monkey, a Butler Bulldog, a doggie, brown bear, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more all in his bed keeping him cozy. Good thing he has a full size bed so they can all fit. I just can't wait for him to meet his baby sis!

1 comments:

Jade said...

Hang in there Kate-better times are around the corner!