Bennett Neal
9 lbs 14 oz 22 inches long
2-12-12 10:10 a.m.
I couldn't believe it!!
We were so determined to have a "normal" delivery the 3rd time around! And like they say...the 3rd time's a charm! There is always a story though...so here is Baby Bennett's!
I decided to stop working a little early this time since both Clayton and Hallie made early arrivals. I worked until January 30th and Bennett's due date was Super Bowl Sunday, February 5th. The days passed by and I enjoyed some quiet me time... pedicures, manicures, yummy lunches, a little shopping, crafting some special things for his nursery... I was feeling such a sense of peace and relaxation. And for being the end of my 3rd pregnancy, I felt GREAT!! I kept hoping and praying for some contractions that I could really feel, but they just never came. We had an appointment on February 6th (Hallie's 2nd birthday and the day after Bennett's due date) to check on him. We had a 40 week ultrasound and he was doing well so we decided to give him 1 more week to come on his own. I was trying for a VBAC instead of another c-section. Bennett knew what he was doing making me wait til 41 weeks for the scheduled c-section...no way I could have delivered a 9 lb 14 oz baby "naturally".
We arrived at I.U. North Hospital on Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 7:30 a.m. to get prepped for the delivery. 2-12-12 (easy date to remember!) It was such a strange feeling knowing we were walking in and going to have our baby in our arms in no time! After answering questions and getting prepped we walked to the OR...way different than being rushed to the OR with Hallie. It was so cold in there. I was just taking it all in and getting a little nervous. Hospitals and surgery have NEVER been my thing! Just ask my mom, Ha!!! Neal had to wait in the hallway while the anesthesiologist did the spinal. I just remember freezing as I sat on the edge of the table leaning forward getting the spinal. It didn't really hurt...just felt tons of pressure. She had a difficult time getting it in the right spot due to my scoliosis. Next, they brought neal in and had me lie down and started to get things ready. The doc pulled on my old incision with tweezers or something and I totally felt it. I could also move my knee caps, feet, and legs...which didn't seem right to me. They decided to wait just a bit to give the spinal time to set in...well it never did, so the next thing I knew there was a mask over my face and I was asleep. Thankfully they didn't make Neal leave the OR. He was able to stay just not up near my head so he was able to video the c-section. Pretty cool since I was out of it. I couldn't believe I was able to hold baby Bennett so soon and without tubes and wires! Very emotional moment for me...I felt so present in the moment. He was so perfect and HUGE!!!! (chubby cheeks and a full belly and lots of dark hair) But he did still seem tiny to Neal and me...
We were so excited to be able to have Bennett in our our postpartum room with us. This was a first!! Our family was able to come visit and hold him and Clayton & Hallie came to meet their new baby brother. His first nights in the hospital were rough...he did not want to sleep anywhere, but in my arms. I didn't sleep much at all! We are so thankful and blessed for a short hospital stay and a healthy baby.
P.S. Bennett is officially the biggest baby on my mom's side of the family. She has 7 siblings and those 7 siblings had 23 kids and "the cousins" have had 19 babies so far...
We love you Benny Boo!!!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago











0 comments:
Post a Comment