Clayton Kurtis

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First Tooth! 5 Months!


Last Friday (10/3), Clayton cut his first tooth! Symptoms: Lots of drooling and putting everything into his mouth! He had been waking up in the middle of the night leading up to the tooth breaking through! It just so happened that this corresponded with my first three days of going back to work. I just thought he was trying to get used to our new routine...I was wrong! He's back to sleeping through the night for now!!!! Clayton loves his teachers, Darlene & Carol, at TOTS! He has done a great job taking his bottles and also napping! I am so relieved! The anticipation leading up to going back to work was way worse than actually doing it. Don't get me wrong...it was and is hard to drop him off everyday! I just want to stay and play with him! But I know he is in good hands. Teaching has been great too! I was so excited to meet my kids and they were so happy to have me back! It's hard to be sad when you're around 23 smiling kiddos...the day flies by! They already know how to sidetrack me! One student noticed I had a collage of Clayton on my computer which shows up on the TV in our classroom. When they came back from P.E. they started asking about Clayton. So I had to show them Clayton's blog, of course. They love the pictures and can't wait for Clayton to come to school to meet them! I am always so anxious to pick him up at the end of day. I can't get there fast enough! I love being a mom and I love being a teacher. In my eyes...I have the two best jobs in the world.

5 month stats:
weight: 19 lbs
height: 27 1/4 inches

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and you're so good at both jobs!

Michelle said...

Kate- happy to hear that things are going well! i think we'll be in indy next weekend! call me over the weekend if you have a chance!