Dear Clayton,
As I write this note you are sound asleep in your bed probably dreaming of fixing something with your new power drill from daddy, building the longest Thomas choo choo ever, or playing race cars with Lightning McQueen and Mater. You are really into the birthday thing this year and it it soooo cute. You sang Happy Birthday tonight and were so excited to give your friends at school their treat bags! Your teachers had the classroom decorated with streamers and they painted Happy Birthday Clayton signs. As soon as you walked in you noticed the b-day hats and had to put one on right away. Tonight for dessert I made you cookies decorated like Cookie Monster. Daddy had to help you blow out your candle. Papa and Gigi came over to celebrate with you! Daddy and I have been busy getting ready for your party this weekend. I know you are going to love having your friends and family over!
You are quite the talker...not shy at all! Your newest thing is to ask, "Is that?" And I follow with "What is that?" and you repeat me. You want to know what everything is...even if you already know! Before bedtime you will say, "5 more minutes", even though you have no concept of time. You finally say you are "2 years old" when asked instead of saying "peace" since Nana taught you the peace sign. :) I am amazed at all the words you know and sentences you say. I love hearing you say, "Be careful Mama!"
You LOVE your baby sister and you are very gentle with her...unless you're tired. Then, you start poking her and getting really close to her. You LOVE books and right now your favorites are Disney Cars books, There's a Wocket in My Pocket, and any book about dump trucks and diggers! You have memorized many of your books and can finish the sentences in the books that rhyme. You can sing your ABC's when you want to! Your favorite songs are "Clayton's Song" (Old McClayton had a farm) and Ballgame otherwise known as Dada's song.
I could write about you for hours... Daddy and I love you very much, Clayton. You make every day so much more fun! I can't wait to come in your room tomorrow morning to find you hanging out in your bed reading a book... saying "Good Morning, Mama."
Sweet Dreams Big Boy!
Love,
Mama
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment